Tell the Time was created as a proof-of-concept educational game that can aid chidren in learning to tell the time. The game is aimed at children in keystages 1 and 2 (ages 5-11).
You can play Tell the Time, for free, here. Enjoy!
- AI generated in-game narration
- Data driven questions and answers
- Selectable virtual teacher
- Cute/fun stylised graphical user-interfaces
- Cute/fun in-game audio
- Player progression and encouragement
- Audio accessibility options
The project was created using Unreal Engine (4.25). Code was written using Blueprint. The project makes use of data-tables, structs, and enums to support levels, learning materials, questions, answers, player progression, and preferences. The game offers basic audio accessibility options.
The in-game narration was generated using Text-to-Speech services from ReadSpeaker (readspeaker.com).
Plans for further development include;
- Additional learning objectives, including;
- time words
- on the hour times
- half past
- putting hands on the clock
- quarter past times
- quarter to times
- other past times
- other to times
- Knowledge testing quizzes
- Additional accessibility options
- Additional langages support/localisation
- Additional virtual teachers/voices
- Virtual teacher customisation/representation